ARIZONA CIVIL TRIAL LAWYERS | 602.595.7800
Our law provides restrictions on the power of government agencies and officials, and allows individuals or businesses harmed by the failure to comply with those restrictions to recover damages resulting from violations. The law also allows individuals or businesses to stop improper government action or interference that is negatively impacting them. In many cases, the rights of individuals and business entities to be free of improper government interference or their entitlement to certain government services are called “civil rights.” Civil rights claims may arise from violations of federal or state constitutional requirements, or they may be authorized by federal, state or local statutes or ordinances.
At the same time, government agencies and employees have a right to do their job without undue worry or interference from meritless claims by the public. The law balances the restrictions on government actions, therefore, with certain immunities for government action.
Understanding when government action crosses the line, and when it is protected, takes someone who has both studied the complex legal issues permeating civil rights claims and has litigated them successfully to conclusion. Our team of attorneys can offer that unique combination of knowledge, skills and experience.
Examples of the types of civil rights claims and disputes our attorneys can effectively handle include:
- FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND PRESS
- FREEDOM OF RELIGION
- FREEDOM OF ASSEMBLY and RIGHT TO PETITION
– involving claims that the government has failed to provide the type of notice or a right to be heard or to appeal that the law requires
– involving claims that a government agency or official has unlawfully discriminated based on a protected classification
– involving claims that government law enforcement officials have misapplied force against a citizen
– involving claims that government regulation has gone too far and resulted in a “taking” of private property without just compensation
At Richards & Moskowitz, our attorneys are prepared to take on matters involving protection of these critical rights. Our thorough appreciation for civil rights issues helps us to successfully represent both government agencies and employees, and private litigants that have disputes with government agencies or officials.
CONTACT A SKILLED ARIZONA LITIGATION ATTORNEY
For more information or to schedule a consultation, call 602.595.7800
or fill out our contact form below: